Tuesday, February 5, 2008

The Water Imposters

Okay, I realize the reasoning here. I realize that you need a title that makes people feel good in order to sell. But I'm sorry, something has gone wrong in the bottled water industry. I've been amused for some time over this notion and after watching a couple certain Super Bowl commercials, I just need to say it: If your water is sweet or colored, IT"S NOT WATER!!! We already have a name for flavored water - it's called JUICE! I mean, honestly. How naïve must we be to buy the proposition of these products? Just because something has water IN it does not mean it IS water. Heck, the bowl of pudding in my refrigerator has some water in it...it must not be pudding after all! It must be water! Seriously.
I know, I know. It's not really a big deal. But you've got to admit it's just a little ridiculous how far we go to pretend that we're being healthy. I don't have anything against the companies who pull this off. More power to them if they can inject some minerals into sugar-water (or Splenda-water - yuck!), slap the name "water" on the bottle and pass it off as a health product. Here's an idea: if you want to feel like you're drinking water, maybe...try real water?

1 comment:

Kyle said...

Quite humorous my friend!